07 Chap 09

LHANNA: Sitting down, pulling the chair up to the desk, I look at the paperwork and groan. We have transfers to approve both coming and going; promotions to deal with, warriors need to be replaced. I had my secretary make some semblance of order of the transfers. Only 4 warriors transferring out for better positions at other Garda facilities around the world. Reaching for the folder with the warriors who want to transfer here, I begin looking through the applications just as Calin walks in.

CALIN: Rapping my knuckles lightly on the door once and going in, Lhanna looks up and gives me a smile. Winking at her, “Hey baby. What’s all that?” Walking over toward her, I drag a chair with me turning it, swinging my leg over it, resting my forearms on the back. Listening as she tells me about replacing the warriors that are transferring out. Staring at her, I say: “ What I would really like is to be able to replace those four with seasoned warriors. I want to step our shit up in this war, you know what I mean?"

LHANNA: Nodding at his words, “I agree. Zelina is recruiting females now which gives her double the assholes to convert. Females." Shaking my head in disbelief, "What next??” Taking a deep breath I hand Calin half the files; “Since you're here you can help me go through these.” He reaches for the sheets of paper and begins reading through the applications. After about 15 minutes, a huge grins comes across my face. “I’ll be damned.” Lt. General Rego Wilkinsson. Calin arches a brow at me in question. “You are never going to believe who wants to transfer in from Miami... Rego.” 

CALIN: Hearing that it’s Rego Wilkinsson I have some real mixed emotions... Rego had a big fucking part in my training after my popah was killed. That male is badass in hand to hand and taught me a lot. We both moved up to the Royal facility. After a while I started moving through the ranks. de le Cruz’s have always lead the Garda. Lhanna and I were partnered up and Rego decided to head down Miami way. Me and Rego drifted apart after a while. “Hmph, he couldn’t get out of New York fast enough. Now he wants back in? You know Rego was always a male who did shit his way. He makes Roddy look like Caleb.” 

LHANNA: “Yes, he does have a “certain way” about him, but that ‘s what makes Rego, Rego. Babe, we need someone like him. Look at all he taught you. We could use him and his edge on the streets.” Watching as Calin thinks this through, contemplating his decision. He does have the final say. Getting up from behind the desk I pour us coffee. Walking over to him handing him a cup as I lean on the desk in front of him, “Well? What do you want to do Calin? I think him being here would benefit the newbies coming up from the academy.” I have to wonder why Calin is hesitating with this. There was a time there wouldn't be any question. “Is there something you aren’t telling me as to why you don’t want Rego here?” 

CALIN:  “No babe, nothing I can really put my finger on. I know you are right. We need more experienced warriors up here since Zelina has stepped up her game and the Rego we knew would definitely be an asset to us here. I can’t give you a good reason why I’m fucking hedging on this.” Looking up at my female, my right hand and partner in everything, I take her hand and looking up at her, “Baby. I don’t know what it is; it’s just that the last time we were together there was more than just that Rego edge. It was worse than usual. I don’t know; maybe it’s just so much was happening at that time.” Deciding that his expertise could benefit all of us, I’ll just keep a real close eye on him. “All right Lhanna; Rego will be one of our four.” Returning my females smile. “now let’s finish this up. I’m starving.” We continue for another hour and finally we have our four transfers and the acceptance emails have been sent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment