Calin And Dolhanna - Mating Ceremony

Dolhanna: As Calin, a few Elite warriors from the Garda and my self enter the King's chambers, all is ready. There are candles and flowers. Not overdone, just simply elegant. Calin and I approach the King. A few close friends seated around the chamber. The King begins to speak....

King Mhenace: I cannot tell you how it pleases me that two of my closest friends and finest warriors are coming together tonight to become one family. Who stands for them??

Calin:
Taking Lhanna's hand in mine, our trusted friends and respected warriors steps forward and the King continues:
Calin and Dolhanna, out of the wild exuberance of creation, you two have appeared - each of you unique, distinctive. You are both called to a new existence. For the whole universe has come to you in the form of this particular person who has a unique love for you and is beloved by you. Love must be faithful. Love must share all the areas of life: body, mind, and spirit, until you are truly united with each other - one whole; united in joy with another.
May your mating bring you the peace, joy, comfort and contentment that is known in the hearts of all of all of the Goddess’s children. May Calin and Dolhanna both look forward to each new season of their marriage; for all seasons bring with them their own special moments and memories. What token of your devotion do you offer to each other?


King Mhenace:
May these rings be blessed as the symbol of this affectionate union between this male and female. These two lives are now joined in one unbroken circle. Wherever they go, may they always return to one another in loving unity. May these rings on their fingers, symbolize the touch of the spirit of love in their hearts.

Calin:
The King hands me Lhanna's rings. Looking at her beautiful face takes my breath away. Taking her hand in mine I tell her:
Tonight, I give myself to you and ask for your tomorrows. I promise to love you more than anyone else can; to give you my strength and ask for yours in return; to help you in good times and in bad. I give you all my trust and ask you to accept me as your mate. Always will I see you through the eyes of love. I promise to honor you above all others. Our love is never-ending, and we will remain, forevermore, equals in our mating. I shall be a shield for your back and you for mine. I shall not slander you, nor you me. When we quarrel we shall do so in private and tell no strangers our grievances. This is my wedding vow to you.” Slipping the rings onto her right ring finger I"m filled with pride to know this female is MINE! She looks at her hand and smiles up at me, mouthing the words. "I love them."


Dolhanna: The king hands me Calin's ring... I look at him all the love I have, showing on my face. Taking his hand I say to him: I`d give you the blood of my heart. I pledge to you that yours will be the name I cry aloud in the night and the eyes into which I smile each new day. . Always will I see you through the eyes of love. I promise to honor you above all others. Our love is never-ending, and we will remain, forevermore, equals in our mating. I shall be a shield for your back and you for mine. I shall not slander you, nor you me. When we quarrel we shall do so in private and tell no strangers our grievances. This is my wedding vow to you.” I hear his intake of breath at the black diamond band as it slides on his right ring finger... he mouths the words "I love you"

King Mhenace:
Now you are bound one to the other. With a tie not easy to break. Take the time of binding. Before the final vows are made. To learn what you need to know - To grow in wisdom and love. That your mating will be strong. That your love will last In this life and beyond. Calin, you may kiss your mated female…Dolhanna, you may kiss your mated male.

Dolhanna:
Looking lovingly up into Calin’s amethyst gaze, I tell him in a voice wrought with emotion: “Tugaim mo chroí duit go deo” – “I give my heart to you forever”

Calin:
Gazing down into Lhanna’s beautiful emerald eyes, on a hoarse whisper I say: “Yo te doy mi corazón para siempre.” - “I give my heart to you forever” Lowering my head and I take her lips; kissing her solidly and thoroughly. Hearing a champagne cork pop, I reluctantly break the kiss. Stroking her cheek with my thumb, my eyes full of promise for what is to come later.

Dolhanna:
Seeing the promise in eyes for later causes my heart to skip a beat, I love this male with everything that I am. Turning to our guests, we hug and are congratulated. *smiles* A domestic brings champagne for us; a small intimate meal to celebrate with a few close friends will be had here in the Kings chambers…. I wouldn’t have wanted this any other way….

December 17th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment